Another successful B2B Marketing Expo (#B2BUK) is over for another year, but the two-day event at London's ExCel (28th-29th March 2017) was bigger and better than ever! We've compiled a handy list of the top 20 key takeaways from the UK's leading B2B marketing event.
The overriding theme at this year's event was about B2B brands putting the needs and desires of prospects and customers before business goals and marketing campaign targets. We're thrilled to hear the industry in agreement with us – this is a key part of Enchant's mantra. In order to excel at B2B marketing, we must all adopt a people-centric culture. It's an absolute must in B2B marketing in 2017 and beyond.
Enchant Founder and CEO Philip Storey spoke at the event, outlining "10 effective strategies to grow your business through marketing automation". Don't worry if you missed the talk – you can grab the slides here.
Here are Enchant's top 20 key takeaways from B2B Marketing Expo 2017:
- "People care about their problems not your company" – Raja Saggi, Head of B2B Marketing @ Google UK
- "88% of people don't want a relationship with a brand. They want the right content at the right time" – Jeremy Waite, Evangelist @ IBM
- "Hubspot is the killer B2B platform for CRM, marketing automation and sales teams" – Various sources
- "We don't build relationships with brands, we build relationships with people" – Moose Media
- "Segment SEO data so you're not looking at insights as one user" – Mike Rogers @ VE Interactive
- "Figure out your strategy before you invest in tools" – Philip Storey, CEO @ Enchant Agency
- "Move away from what you want to say, and move toward what they want to hear" – Tim Tucker
- "If it's become a habit, it's not strategic" – Inbox Insight
- "The millenial mindset has gone mainstream in B2B" – Deposit Photos
- "It turns out you can't just automate shitty marketing" – Karl Walsh @ Hubspot
- "Do one thing well, focus on the user and think mobile" – Raja Saggi, Head of B2B Marketing @ Google UK
- "89% of B2B marketers now have predictive analytics on their roadmap"– Forrester
- "Human beings are not thinking machines that feel, we're feeling machines that think" – Daniel Kahneman quote via Shane Redding presentation
- "75% of what we do is analysis, 25% is doing – his is why we need bots" – Chris Pitt @ Vertical Leap
- "Instead of improving upon bad marketing tactics – we've automated them" – Karl Walsh @ Hubspot
- "Brands should find balance between what they want to say and what their audience is interested about" – Nicky Kriel
- "84% of marketers plan to use it in the next 12 months" – Eliott Maidenberg @ JIN
- "Digital marketing does not work in isolation" – Kobi Omenaka @ Kobestarr Digital
- "Listen, learn and change rather than wait until it's perfect" – Shane Redding for IDM (Managing Director of Think Direct)
- "The best kind of marketing shouldn't feel anything like marketing – it must be people-first, not business-first" – Philip Storey, CEO @ Enchant Agency
B2B marketers are beginning to realise the need to learn from B2C and the customer-led approach, which is proving crucial for lasting success. The key thematic takeaways from this year's B2B Marketing Expo are primarily focused around agile marketing, automation (based on customer behaviours and insights) and a shift focus from pitching to listening and solving audiences' problems and meeting their needs. Roll on next year's event!
If you want to learn more about marketing automation, get the slides from Philip's B2B Marketing Expo talk "10 effective strategies to grow your business through marketing automation" here and start seeing the impact automation creates!